I have been doing a survey lately to see how many people know what vitamin D actually does. People know that it comes from the sun and some people know that most people don’t get enough in North America. People know it’s important and some people even take a supplement of some form. I’ve been asking people for at least a couple weeks now and only 2 people kind of knew what vitamin D does. It does many things but the main thing I was looking for was that it enables the absorption of calcium.
This little survey opened my eyes to how uneducated people are when it comes to health. I asked a group of people if they thought our Canadian health care system was the best in the world. Most of the people in the room of around 30 thought we had the best health care in the world. That my friends is vanity talking.
Best Health Care In The World?
I used to think we had the best health care in the world too. Then I became part of the health care system. I went to EMT school and learned all about how we treat patients and the more I learned the more I thought we had to be the best in the world. I thought it was so cool how different medications work and learned about different surgeries. The Mazankowski Centre is one of the best cardiac hospitals in the world. We had to be the best. All vanity my friends!
After being in the health industry full time for 10 years I learned a lot of the flaws of our system and I just knew we couldn’t be the cream of the crop. I’ve seen other health care systems and have read about other country’s health care systems. I was in a Thai hospital after being bit by a tick and I couldn’t believe the service I got there. It was better than the service at La Ronde!
The doctor spent about 45 minutes with me. For a tick bite! She didn’t leave my side until she knew I was fully satisfied. She gave me a print out that had information on tick bites and how to take care of myself and she gave me a prescription to prevent Lyme. I got right in with no wait and same with the prescription. The doctor made sure I was set up and if I had anymore questions I was free to come back and ask any time. In Canada you get 7 minutes with the doctor after about a 3 hour wait. The doctor hands you a prescription and you’re out the door.
After I asked people if they thought we were number one I actually looked up where we ranked for our health care system. According to the World Health Organization we are 30th in the world and the Americans are about 35; the system we are trying to mimic.
People put a lot of faith in our health care system. People say things like if there is a better way why aren’t we doing it that way? I can give you an example of why we aren’t doing things the best possible way. My friend has a terminal illness and she needs medication. Drug companies bid on the contract to supply her medication and the drug company that supplied her medication didn’t win. She will be forced to use another medication that has many side effects and is making people sick. It might not be the best medication but it’s the one that won the bid. That’s just one example of why our medical system doesn't necessarily do things the best possible way.
In the medical industry we have protocols. A protocol is law. A protocol will say for this medical issue you treat it with this medication. If you don’t follow protocol you can lose your licence and not be able to practice anymore. Who made the protocol and is it really the best treatment for the patient? I'll get back to this at the end when I talk about iatrogenic harm.
What I have come to realize is that most people are very uneducated when it comes to taking care of their health. I feel the need to change that. People need to know they can’t rely on their health care system to take care of them. People need to know they can’t rely on their government to protect them. And people need to know that over the counter health care products are designed to take your money; not to improve your health.
I tend to bash the health care system a lot but in the grand scheme of things we aren’t that bad. It's not great, but 30th over all isn’t that bad. We are really good at keeping people alive. Where we go wrong is we don’t educate people on how to take care of themselves and it’s not even allowed in some cases. What I mean is we have to just follow protocol and that’s it.
Then there are tons of marketing for drugs and health care products and it’s the only education people are getting. People are like “Wow, I need that toothpaste!”, and they really believe they are doing something good for themselves with the toxic toothpaste.
Best Health Products?
The most commonly recommended multivitamin by doctors is Centrium. Do you know what’s in that? Have you ever checked to see if it’s doing any good? I highly doubt it since you didn’t even know what vitamin D did until I told you. It does more harm than good. Don’t take it. They sell it because they are counting on the general public to act like sheep and just keep buying their product. They put the cheapest crap they can in it and put it on the shelf and as long as people keep buying it they will keep selling it.
I will give you one example. Zinc oxide does not get absorbed by the body. It’s bonded to an oxygen and never breaks away from the oxygen. It goes right through you. It makes a great sunscreen by the way. They can tell you there is zinc in the bottle and they aren’t lying to you. Most of what’s in the bottle of multivitamins is by-products of other things they manufacture.
If you want a quality product get stuff that’s bonded to an amino acid. It will break away from the amino acid and you will absorb it and use it. It’s called bio-availability. Get it from a reputable source. Make sure it’s toxin free. The stuff off the shelf won’t be toxin free. They aren’t taking those extra steps to make sure it it’s toxic free because they know you’re not looking into it.
People say if it was that toxic my government would ban it. Your government is not protecting you. They are looking to make sure there is food on the table for citizens; they need to make the economy go around. They want jobs and they aren’t nearly as concerned about health. That part is up to you.
One example is red dye number 5. It’s a known neurotoxin and it’s banned in a lot of countries. It’s not banned here. Why you ask? Have you ever heard of red dye number 5? Did you know it was a neurotoxin before I told you? People are uneducated, so the government doesn’t feel the need. I was talking to a nurse the other day and she said “Ya, but it’s (red dye number 5) in such minuscule amounts.”
I said, “How much neurotoxin is ok with you to give to your kid?” (it’s in candy)
When people found out lead in fuel was very toxic they protested, and lead was removed. It was replaced with thallium which is also highly toxic, but most experts haven’t even heard that it’s in fuel. There is no protest because people don’t know about it, so the government has no need to step in. It’s in fuel to keep engines quiet by the way.
Another example is aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is a metabolite of mold. It’s in things that can mold so obviously organic type things like grains and coffee. Cows eat grains and the toxin gets in milk. Aflatoxin is in breast milk by way of the same means. Aflatoxin is also a neurotoxin. It’s a very powerful one. It’s banned in other countries in the parts per billion. Not parts per million but parts per billion. The laws aren’t nearly as strict here, so companies sell their toxin free products in other countries and bring their more toxic products to North America because we don’t know about it.
I know what I talk about is controversial and I hate getting political, but I feel people need to know the truth. The truth is you better not rely on free health care to take care of you. You can’t rely on the government to protect you and you can’t count on health products to do what is right. The food industry is in here somewhere too. I better wait to open that can of worms or we will be here for days.
One last thing I feel the need to throw in here though is the topic of iatrogenic harm. I have seen many articles claiming that iatrogenic death is the third leading cause of death in America. At first, I thought iatrogenic harm was accidental harm to a patient and there would be no way it could be the third leading cause of death in America. Then I found out iatrogenic death is simply death due to medical intervention. It could be a mistake that was made. It could also be that a lot of times the treatment a patient will get causes harm and possibly death.
One example would be gastric reflux. 60% of the time gastric reflux is due to low stomach acid. 40% of the time it is due to high stomach acid. There is medication for high stomach acid and that’s what a doctor will prescribe for gastric reflux. The medication will only work 40% of the time. 60% of the time it makes the situation worse. Low stomach acid is fixed with a shot of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice by the way.
A very harsh example of iatrogenic death would be treating acne with Accutane. Accutane causes such depression in a lot of patients to the point where some will kill themselves. This is an example of iatrogenic death. It’s death due to medical intervention. I can give you a nearly endless supply of examples of this. It’s the third leading cause of death in America. This is the medical system Canada is trying to mimic. Do you still think we have the best medical system in the world?
There are answers my friends. You have to take care of yourself. Get educated. The medical system we have is free but it’s a service you are not obligated to accept. If there is an emergency and you don’t seek medical attention immediately you’re a fool but do not rely on the medical system to maintain your health. That’s just as foolish. There are many resources available to help maintain your health. Seek them out. Contact me and I can give you many resourses.
I have many suggestions and resources to help improve health and fitness. I would like to give you an opportunity to spend an hour with me to make a plan for your health and fitness. I want you to overachieve like you never thought possible. This is an offer that will not be available ever again very soon. I am giving you the opportunity to become someone you and others envy.
Click here to meet with me.
Get a Health and Fitness Plan… For Free!
You will get a 60-minute coaching session one on one with me to make a plan for your health and fitness. You can ask me any questions you want during the coaching session. You will get:
- a plan that's specific to your needs.
- an exercise plan.
- nutrition advice.
- the exact diet I get all my clients to start with and the resources to enable you to start right away.
- learn what nutrient deficiencies are the most common and what to do about them.
- learn how to bust through all kinds of health and fitness plateaus naturally.
- all kinds of resources where I get my knowledge.
Click here to meet with me.
Increase your energy, looks, and physical capabilities to improve your confidence, which spills over into every aspect of your life. Become an overachiever by doing what overachievers do. Become someone people envy and live a happier more positive lifestyle.
Click here to meet with me.
I wish you lots of health, love and happiness!
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Sep 20, 2018 The Best Pre-workout and Post-workout Nutrition and Supplements Sep 20, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Top 5 Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and the Best Omega 3 Supplements Sep 6, 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016