Dammit! We only have a few weeks left of summer. We all need to make the most out of this time right now. We have to get outside and enjoy the weather while we still have some nice sunshine! I want to talk about how beneficial the sun is along with nature and being outside in general.
I think everyone knows the sun creates vitamin D for us but I don’t think people realize how important vitamin D is. Vitamin D’s primary role is to develop healthy bones by helping calcium go where it’s needed. Another huge benefit of vitamin D is it reduces depression and prevents diseases like multiple sclerosis, diabetes, certain types of cancer, anxiety, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and osteoporosis. Even though vitamin D is so important it is still the number one nutrient deficiency in North America and if that’s the case then it’s obvious we are suffering more than our southern friends. It's FREE and it makes you happy!
One of the most important benefits of sunshine is serotonin production. Sunlight to our retina of the eye triggers serotonin production. You’ll have to determine whether you want to wear sunglasses or not. I personally rarely wear sunglasses. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that depicts our mood. Without it people get sad and depressed. There is condition called seasonal affective disorder (SAD) that is a type of depression from a lack of sunlight in the winter and it's very common.
Another huge benefit of the sun is the infrared rays. People pay lots of money to sit in infrared saunas. The reason why is because they are great for detoxification. You can get infrared rays for free from the sun. Get as much as you can tolerate. You will have to increase your toleration slowly. Try to stay sunburn free to keep your chances of skin cancer low.
Sunscreen might be of use to build up your tolerance. Store bought sunscreen is not recommended. Almost all of them are filled with toxins that prevent vitamin D production and cause cancer. As an EMT we are starting to see allergic reactions to sunscreen more often and every batch is different because the regulations on sunscreen are almost non-existent. If you feel the need for sunscreen here’s a link to homemade sunscreen or you can get some at this link. Olive oil is another option but the problem is trying to get real olive oil. Most olive oil is fake but if you are getting some from Canada, USA, or Australia you will more likely be getting real olive oil due to stricter regulations.
other benefits of the sun
Light therapy is used for skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, and eczema. You can get free light therapy from the sun if you suffer from skin conditions. I find my own skin conditions get better with sunlight exposure. Sunlight also converts cholesterol to much needed hormones; a lack of sunlight will convert hormones to unhealthy cholesterol. Another benefit is sunlight kills bad bacteria and decreases blood pressure. Sunlight also increases your oxygen carrying capacity, improving your sports performance and last but not least, sunlight increases weight loss.
I’m done chatting about the importance of getting as much sun as you can but I still need to tell you about other benefits of getting outside like grounding. Free radicals are electrons. They bounce around and cause damage to our cells. Antioxidants are great because they are a molecule that can give or take an electron and still be stable. Another way of reducing free radicals is to ground yourself. You take off your shoes and socks to have bare skin touching the ground. The ground can give or take electrons as well. It significantly reduces free radicals in the body. Get outside and take your shoes and socks off in the grass where ever it's safe; roll around in the grass (with a friend for more great benefits).
People are learning more and more about essential oils and the massive benefits. Essential oils are the reason why plants don’t have fungus or bacteria growing on them. Essential oils kill off these harmful pathogens and they can do the same for you. Taking a walk through the river valley or woods you will be breathing in many different types of essential oils. That’s what you are smelling. They will kill off pathogens for you as well. Being outside is great if you’re not feeling well or have some kind of lung infection.
activate the relaxation response
The spiritual side of being out in nature helps with stress and reduces your chances of illness. It’s a great form of meditation if you don’t have headphones on and the noise is just nature. It’s very therapeutic smelling those smells of the woods and beautiful flowers. Take the time to stop and smell the roses.
Last but not least, my favorite topic; exercise. If you are outside chances are you’ll be doing some form of exercise. I don’t think I need to list the benefits of exercise but if I did there wouldn’t be room on the internet.
I have many suggestions and resources to help improve health and fitness. I would like to give you an opportunity to spend an hour with me to make a plan for your health and fitness. I want you to overachieve like you never thought possible. This is an offer that will not be available ever again very soon. I am giving you the opportunity to become someone you and others envy.
Click here to meet with me.
Get a Health and Fitness Plan… For Free!
You will get a 60-minute coaching session one on one with me to make a plan for your health and fitness. You can ask me any questions you want during the coaching session. You will get:
- a plan that's specific to your needs.
- an exercise plan.
- nutrition advice.
- the exact diet I get all my clients to start with and the resources to enable you to start right away.
- learn what nutrient deficiencies are the most common and what to do about them.
- learn how to bust through all kinds of health and fitness plateaus naturally.
- all kinds of resources where I get my knowledge.
Click here to meet with me.
Increase your energy, looks, and physical capabilities to improve your confidence, which spills over into every aspect of your life. Become an overachiever by doing what overachievers do. Become someone people envy and live a happier more positive lifestyle.
Click here to meet with me.
I wish you lots of health, love and happiness!
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016