I had a consultation the other day with a nice lady that was trying to have a baby with her husband. She mentioned she was having trouble and was going to a fertility clinic. Right away I remembered the reasons why people have trouble with conception and spontaneous abortion. Let me explain why here and what can be done about it.
Building a community
The nice lady in the consultation was from another country and came to Canada to be with her husband. As she spoke, what came to mind was the possibility of loneliness. A person needs a community; family/friends to talk to and my guess is because she had only been here 3 years she probably didn’t have a very strong community around her.
There’s a fertility clinic in the states somewhere that uses group therapy to help their patients get pregnant. People get a chance to bond and talk about their problems and a problem shared is half the burden. Scientists say when there is trouble in a family the woman figure isolates herself in protection. This is the exact opposite of what she needs to do. Building a community with group therapy increased fertility by enormous amounts at the fertility clinic I mentioned.
The number one part of being healthy to increase fertility is to balance the hormones needed to have a baby, which means to reduce cortisol. In nature, when any living creature is in fight or flight mode they are producing cortisol and adrenalin amongst other hormones. When cortisol and adrenalin are high the reproductive hormones are very low. It’s not baby making time for the body when a bear is attacking. Factors that increase cortisol must be reduced and unfortunately, the stress of having trouble making a baby almost always increases cortisol.
Cortisol and stress is very high in our society and it’s getting much worse all the time. There are 3,000 more toxins being created every year, our food supply is getting more toxic with less nutrients, people trade health for money, family and friends get set aside, Fukushima… We aren’t being chased by bears anymore. Now it’s our boss, deadlines, bills, driving, personal problems, and all kinds of other perceived threats that cause mental stress. All of these things contribute to our allostatic load.
To reduce cortisol, the first thing I recommend is a healthy diet. It can make such a huge impact on a person to avoid certain things and make sure they get the nutrients their body needs. #1, avoid GMOs like the plague because they are the plague. Genetically modified foods are all grains including anything made with corn, beans and lentils including anything made with soy, sugar, apples, potatoes, cotton, canola, alfalfa, papaya, zucchini, yellow squash, and sweet potatoes. Never eat these foods unless you are sure they aren’t GMO.
Almost everybody thinks they are an above average driver and almost everybody thinks they know how to eat healthy. Almost everyone I meet doesn’t know what healthy eating looks like because our food supply is changing so much. To eat healthy, I recommend doing Dr. Mark Hyman’s 10 Day Detox and getting his 10 Day Detox Cookbook. It has all the pertinent information you need and over 150 recipes on how to accomplish healthy eating.
The next action I recommend doing is meditation. It’s the cheapest intervention a person can do to reduce stress and is proven to be extremely effective. The more often a person meditates the more effective it is. I recommend 5 minutes 5x a day to start. Get comfortable either sitting or lying down and focus on your breathing. Try to clear your mind to slow the heart rate and breathing rate down. Every time you breathe out, tell yourself RELAX. Where ever you feel any tension tell that spot to relax on your breath out. When your mind wanders just come back to focussing on your breathing.
reduce your toxic load
After that a person might want to consider reducing and eliminating their toxins. Some of the top usual suspects you want to avoid at all cost are coal tar, FD&C Red 6 (red food colouring), DEA, formaldehyde, fragrance, mineral oil, parabens, propylene glycol, and talc. You might read these things and think it’s easy to avoid them but they are in so many things around us including soap, beauty products, healthcare products, and even food, (the glycol is in ice-cream).
Most people don’t realize the profound effects of the toxins we are exposed to but almost everything we are in contact with has some form of toxin. Plastics, paint or other finishes, beauty products, cleaners, medications, almost everything that’s not straight from nature has toxins. A lot of them are xenoestrogens which mimic estrogen in the body. The higher the estrogen in the body, the more a person retains fat but also the higher the toxic load. It creates a hormone imbalance. Consider a detox and mineral replacement therapy.
Then next factor to consider is take care of your microbiome. The microbiome is the ecosystem of bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungus, and all the little creatures that are living in and on everyone. This ecosystem affects virtually every aspect of our physiology and is the largest cause or cure of diseases. Learn to manipulate your microbiome to your advantage. I recommend starting with a probiotic with as many strains as possible.
The last thing I want to mention to help reduce cortisol and stress is to get proper exercise. “Exercise in almost any form can act as a stress reliever. Being active can boost your feel-good endorphins and distract you from daily worries.” By Mayo Clinic Staff.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Oct 9, 2018 Top 10 Reasons Why Dairy Products Are Bad For You Oct 9, 2018
- Sep 20, 2018 The Best Pre-workout and Post-workout Nutrition and Supplements Sep 20, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Top 5 Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and the Best Omega 3 Supplements Sep 6, 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016