I have been posting anti-vaxx articles on F-book. The truth is I am not really antivaccine; I am really just pro-health. I spent 11 years working as an EMT and stomach problems are the most common issue we see coming into the ER. About 50% of those leave the hospital undiagnosed and treated with painkillers. I have seen the overuse of antibiotics on myself and others, the bubble packs full of meds for old people and some not so old people, and the enormous abuse of pain meds.
We are over medicated, over stressed, over exposed to toxins, overweight, and undernourished. For the first time in history this generation is dying off faster than the generation before it. Conventional medicine is failing to address these issues.
In EMS, one of the first questions we ask is what medications does the patient take. This tells us a lot about their medical history. Depression is very high, along with anxiety, motility is low, autoimmune disease is radically high, (it barely existed 50 years ago), and if you go to an old person, expect a bubble pack full of a multitude of medications.
I always needed to know for my own health how to avoid this cascade of depression and G.I. problems that results in the need of more medications causing more problems. Then I discovered Dr. Mark Hyman. Dr. Mark Hyman is a functional medicine doctor.
I discovered with my online discussions about vaccines that almost nobody knows what a functional medicine doctor is. I can’t blame people because functional medicine doctors are mostly American. I personally only know of one practising near here; Dr. Hoffman at The Hoffman Centre for Integrative Medicine in Calgary.
Basically, there is conventional medicine where you go see your doctor and he hands you a prescription and then you take it and hopefully you feel better. It is a widely-trusted form of medicine in our society and seldom questioned. This is a great resource for emergencies. Where this side of medicine tends to drop the ball is with chronic illness.
The other side of medicine is functional medicine where the doctor will look at the cause of the problem and treat the cause. Common treatments are avoiding certain foods and making sure you get the nutrients your body needs, detoxifying from the thousands of toxins we are exposed to, reducing mental stress, helping with sleep problems, and improving your microbiome. If you don’t know what functional medicine is, have a listen to Dr. Mark Hyman explain what it is here.
Of course, the treatment varies from person to person. An extensive questionnaire is needed along with all kinds of tests to see what may be causing your problem. The same problem can be caused by different factors. Functional medicine doctors will likely use medications as well initially, and in some cases, they may be needed long term. Sometimes the medications might be different, however. For example, a conventional medicine doctor will likely give you Synthroid for low thyroid hormone and a functional medicine doctor will likely give you real thyroid hormone.
The reason you get the synthetic from your free health care doctor is because there is a patent on it. In some cases, all the pharmaceutical company does is removes an atom from a specific spot in the molecule of the hormone and then they can patent it.
Removing this atom changes the substance into something your body doesn’t recognize quite as well. It may still have the desired effect but it might not be as good and there will be side effects. I don’t think pharmaceutical companies mind side effects; side effects means you may need another medication.
So where do vaccines sit in all this? Vaccines can be a great thing. I’d love to see a clean vaccine for everything. Unfortunately, some of them have major side effects. It is very common for medications to get approved and they end up doing more harm than good. The article that started all the comments on my F-book was the greenmedinfo article “200 Evidence-Based Reasons NOT To Vaccinate”.
Of course, this is such a controversial topic with so much support on the pro-vaccine side of things so Sayer Ji came back with another article in support of anti-vaccine that I can no longer find. The information is available to anyone who wants to look it up. He supports his article with research that he links to as well. Of course there are many articles written to debunk Sayer Ji but you have to be skeptical when these articles are in support of organizations that have more money than god. Obviously, they can afford more propaganda than Hitler.
I know our society is very lopsided to conventional medicine and pro-vaccine. The idea of a pill for every ill. You have to ask yourself, "Who writes the curriculum for conventional doctors?" I’ll give you a hint; they have a lot of money and therefore a lot of power in the medical industry.
Skepticism is important these days. We need to take more control over our health. There is so much going against us now. I’m not a fan of Donald Trump but I am glad to see that he is asking questions like, “Why are vaccines exempt of FDA regulations? Why do they get away with no accountability? And then request their vaccines be mandatory?”
Our free healthcare
I am so glad there is a small percentage of people like Dr. Mark Hyman. Him and many other MDs saw flaws in our current medical system and gave us another option. I am not against conventional medicine. I have seen countless real emergencies get the treatment needed and many lives get saved. However, I hate seeing the over medicated depressed people diagnosed with “failure to thrive”. These are the people that functional medicine can help; the multitude of medications they are on isn’t working.
Our free healthcare will only keep you alive and for the most part as pain free as possible. People need to realize their doctor isn't going to keep them in excellent health. How many times have you heard of a doctor saying "There's nothing wrong with you." This means he didn't find anything or the problem isn't anything he can do anything about. Last week a doctor told my friend she would have to wait until her issue got worse and then they will remove her gall bladder.
People have to stop expecting their doctor to help them for free. If you want excellent health care you have to pay for it. One of my friends had to go to Greece to get her back operated on and if she didn't she would have been left with drop foot by our healthcare system. It's not the doctors fault people, it's our healthcare budget.
If you want to learn more about the functional medicine methods of treatment, here are some resources:
Ubiome.com – they test your microbiome to see what you have in and on your body. They do not do any diagnosing. Yeast overgrowth, (Candida) and SIBO, (small intestine bacteria overgrowth) caused by antibiotics overuse are very common and have to be tested by a health practitioner. Your free doctor likely won't do it because it costs money and they have a director to answer to.
23andme.com – they test your DNA and give you a write up on things you should be avoiding and things you should be doing for your particular DNA.
Liveto110.com – this is Wendy Myers and she deals with detoxification and mineral deficiency. They go hand in hand. Heavy metals bind to receptor sites of minerals causing people to be more mineral deficient. The treatment for heavy metal detox is in part supplementing with minerals.
Thegabrielmethod.com – Jon Gabriel deals with mental stress in order to lose weight. He has lost over 100 pounds himself.
Dr. Natasha – Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride is a Russian doctor that has been studying the microbiome for many years and she says it’s only a new concept in North America. She came up with a concept called the GAPS diet. Gut And Psychology Syndrome. She wrote a book on curing all kinds of diseases and disorders with the GAPS diet. She has taught many health practitioners and certifies them with her practise.
Dr. Mark Hyman – this man is way smarter than me and his credentials are very impressive including a ten-time #1 New York Times bestselling author, director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine, the founder and medical director of The UltraWellness Center, chairman of the board of the Institute for Functional Medicine, a medical editor of The Huffington Post, and was a regular medical contributor on many television shows including CBS This Morning, Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, The View, Katie, and The Dr. Oz Show.
Health Talks Online – doctors and experts from all fields talk about one topic. There will be over 30 experts talking about different issues such as cancer, thyroid problems, autoimmune diseases, the microbiome, and other chronic diseases. A lot of these experts are practising doctors that talk about the results they personally witness with their own clients.
Sayer Ji – he compiled research on different topics onto a website and you can look up research on many different topics. He has the largest website of its kind and many experts refer to it regularly.
Pubmed.gov – this is a government website showing you the research being done. It’s another website experts use and you can too.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016