One of the most overlooked nutrients we have is vitamin K2. When I mention K2 most people don’t know what I’m talking about and others say I get it in my cruciferous vegetables. The lack of vitamin K2 may be causing a lot of the blood clotting disorders in North American. Things like angina, heart attacks, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, stroke, and T.I.A or mini stroke.
If you read an article on how to prevent any of these issues, I’ll put money down that you won’t read about vitamin K2. It is very commonly overlooked, however, it is the third leading nutrient deficiency in North America. Also, it takes about 18 years for medical discoveries to go mainstream.
The way vitamin K2 works is it deposits calcium in the body where it needs to be. Without it you get calcium build up in the veins and arteries or gallstones or kidney stones. When plaque builds in the lumen of the blood vessels calcium can be deposited there and hardening of the vessels happens. It is called atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis. The hardening then becomes brittle and breaks off causing what is called an embolism. Depending on where that embolism gets lodged determines the disorder. In the brain it’s a stroke, in the heart it’s a heart attack etc.
Take vitamin K2 and your calcium goes to the bones and into the cells where it's needed. A lot of people with osteoporosis don’t have a lack of calcium. They just have a lack of vitamin K2. Cruciferous vegetables have an abundance of vitamin K1. Fermented foods like sauerkraut, miso, kimchi, have vitamin K2. If you're using a supplement, which I recommend, (because who wants to eat those things every day??), you need a plant derived form of the nutrient. MK-7 is the form you want. You’ll need to read the back label.
One thing I should mention that I have heard before from Dave Asprey and heard it again tonight from Mike Adams is that North America is kinda the world's dumping grounds for toxic foods and supplements. Other countries ban toxins in the ppm or ppb and in North America our rules are much less stringent and in some cases non-existent. Stuff that’s considered toxic either gets sold here or on the internet. In general, stay away from food and supplements from China, India, Peru, Bolivia, and Mexico even if it’s labelled certified organic. They don’t test for heavy metal toxicity. The safest tends to be from Canada, U.S., and the continent of Australia. You can also have your stuff tested on Mike Adams website here.
One more thing that’s just as shocking is the source of organic fertilizer. They use human feces and toxic waste from the job site. All kinds of things go in it and then packaged as organic fertilizer which is sold at places like Home Depot and Rona. My brother saw an organic fertilizer company come to his job site and and empty the porta potty in their truck.
How do you fertilize then? You can use compost and you can use inorganic forms of minerals which turn to the bioavailable form of organic minerals in plants. The plants use the minerals and when you eat the plant you're getting a form of the nutrients your body will actually use. I hate to say it but the vitamins and minerals you buy at the store around here are probably doing more harm than good. Feed them to your plants then eat the plants.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016