I have worked as an EMT for over 10 years. I have seen all kinds of health problems and it's hard to watch when I know how to prevent health problems. The most common problem I’ve seen is abdominal pain. About half of the abdominal problems leave the hospital undiagnosed. You have to wonder why.
My full time job now is personal training and I am still helping people, but in a preventative way. That’s why I just want to go over some of the most common problems people have that I've seen and why.
You can't exercise your intestines the same way you can exercise your biceps. The number one nutrient I recommend to people is not even on the list of highest nutrient deficiencies in North America. It is soup broth. The types of food most people will eat these days does so much damage to their intestinal wall and most people don’t do anything to improve it. Your intestinal wall is made up of mostly collagen. How are you getting collagen in your diet?
Soup broth not only has collagen, but it has the amino acids proline, glycine, L-glutamine, and it has zinc, iron, magnesium, and lots of other nutrients your body needs. All of these are recommended to build up your gut lining. Also, you just don’t get the same effect if you use supplements; you need to eat properly with high nutrients and lots of fibre.
Atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis are generally the causes. The most common causes of atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis was not on the list of nutrients to prevent heart disease that I just read, but it is on the list of most common nutrient deficiencies. It comes in third behind vitamin D and Omega 3’s. Vitamin K2 is what reroutes calcium to its proper destinations like in the bones to prevent osteoporosis. It also prevents the calcium (plaque), building up in your vasculature preventing diseases like heart attacks, stroke, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and pulmonary embolisms. It also prevents the incredibly painful kidney stones and gallstones. Fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchee have vitamin K2.
Caused by sugar, but even more by sweeteners including stevia, sucralose or Splenda, aspartame, and anything diet. Artificial sweeteners are even more addictive than sugar and produce diabetes faster. This may be intentional. Food companies want you buying as much of their addictive food as possible and a side bonus is they can get you buying pills too.
Caused by many things, but a huge contributing factor is gut problems. Serotonin, dopamine, and other neurotransmitters regulating your mood are created in your gut. Take care of your gut with soup first, then find out what is in your microbiome. You might be able to manipulate your gut bacteria with natural methods or you might have to take a medication to get rid of severe pathogens under the guidance of a medical practitioner of course. Then take the steps to build a good strong microbiome with sauerkraut, sources of fibre, rice starch, and probiotics.
Again this is caused by gut problems. The weakened gut lining allows bigger molecules to pass through the lining which your body doesn’t recognize and attacks. These molecules and inflammation along with the toxins being produced are what cause the autoimmune diseases. In every autoimmune disease you will find leaky gut syndrome. Some of the things that contribute to leaky gut syndrome are genetically modified foods, gluten, dairy, and lectin found in beans.
Gluten is one of the molecules that will pass through the weakened gut lining. Your body doesn't recognize gluten and will produce antigens against it, which is the protein in bread or flour that binds it like glue. Your thyroid has proteins that are very similar to gluten. The gluten antigens also attack the thyroid. Once you fix your weakened gut with soup, you can add some gluten back to your diet, however, gluten is one of the things that causes a weakened gut.
Another very common problem for the thyroid is everyday chronic stress of day to day life. It creates an overactive adrenal gland and when cortisol is high thyroid hormone is low. Experts don't know which causes which but adrenal problems and thyroid problems go hand in hand.
Toxins need an honorable mention here. I was talking to someone about mycotoxins in their coffee and they wanted to show me an article that said the mycotoxins in our coffee was under the legal limit and considered safe. The article also talked about how there was mycotoxins in dairy, peanuts, grains, and is even found in breast milk. All of the above are things I recommend avoiding in your diet for reasons much more than the mycotoxins. All except the breast milk which I highly recommend.
How did the mycotoxins get in the breast milk? Like a lot of toxins, mycotoxins are difficult to eliminate and end up in breast milk. Another reason to reduce your toxic load. You are exposed to over 200 toxins before you’re born and if your mom wasn’t careful it’s in her breast milk. I am not saying you have to avoid everything that has toxins, but you have to take care to reduce your toxic load. The mycotoxins in your coffee, along with the milk in your cereal, the grains in your cereal, the sugar… how much toxins have you swallowed at breakfast? By the end of the day? Week? Month? They accumulate and are very hard to eliminate. Is the accumulation below the legal limit? The legal limit isn’t a standard you want to follow by the way. I’m going to stop there.
Toxins = The external sources include air, water, diet, drugs, organic pollutants, heavy metals, radiation, and physical or psychological stressors. Internal processes include inflammation, free radical production and oxidative stress, allergens, infections, and even gut flora.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016