In last week's article I talked about GMOs and the unbelievable dangers of eating this toxic waste. This stuff is my biggest nightmare. It should most definitely be illegal because it kills people way faster than any hazard I've heard of but this is the greatest example of how the American dollar rules the world. If you have faith in your government to regulate hazards to keep you safe, forget about it!
These next paragraphs are from an interview I heard with Dr. Jeffrey Smith. He passionately talks about the political shadiness that went on regarding GMOs.
In the modification process of GMOs you can switch on genes accidently or introduce higher levels of existing toxins or allergens. This was warned about by the FDA scientists reviewing the technology back in the early 90’s, but the person in charge of policy at the FDA, Michael Taylor was Monsanto’s former attorney.
Monsanto was the big GMO company. The Whitehouse told the FDA to promote the fast introduction of GMOs. Michael Taylor came in, oversaw a policy that ignored the scientific warnings, and said “We don’t see a difference between GMOs and non GMOs, therefore, no testing is necessary and no labelling is necessary”.
Unfortunately, GMOs are now on the market here. Nine genetically modified food crops currently eaten, there are 2 more approved last year that may be on the market in 2016.
There has now been laboratory analysis, animal feeding studies, the human experience, the livestock experience, the experience with pets, even epidemiological data, and surveys. What we are getting now is that the warnings by the FDA side effects were correct, that this stuff is in fact dangerous. Putting them on the market was a huge mistake and millions may be suffering as a result.
The regulation of GMOs is a facade. The Biotech industry is very good at spinning wherever there is a weakness; safety, the fact that it doesn’t increase yield, the fact that it doesn’t feed the world, they’ll spin it and pretend that it increases yield, and feeds the world, and that it’s over regulated. In reality there are GMOs that can be introduced to the world without anyone in the government having to be notified. The FDA doesn’t require a single safety study. The USDA’s evaluations are quite poor and have been blasted and condemned by their own inspector general. The regulation is ridiculous; it’s not non-existent; it’s just ridiculous.
It’s a new technology that could theoretically reprogram our genes. It’s called double stranded RNA. Dr. Jeffrey has written about it at responsibletechnology.org. He was interviewed by The Daily Show about it, and he says it’s quite a clear and present danger that’s fully ignored by the Biotech industry based on their misinterpretation of modern science.
These are traits designed for farmers. The herbicide tolerance allows farmers to weed more easily. Instead of spot spraying and walking in the fields weeding by hand, they could simply load up a tractor and spray the whole field with Roundup. It kills the weeds and gets absorbed into the GMOs.
There was one technology with corn known as drought corn and was supposed to withstand drought. The technology was promised for years. It isn’t any better than conventional corn, but because it was promised for so long, they got it approved.
It’s surprising how blatant lies can be perpetuated over decades and still remain in popular culture. One of those lies is that GMOs are needed to feed the world. There was a very comprehensive analysis on how to feed the world sponsored by the united nations, world bank, and many other organizations that was signed on by 59 countries. It involved over 400 scientists and they determined GMOs have nothing to offer to feed the world, eradicate poverty, or create sustainable agriculture. Dr. Jeffrey interviewed the co-chairman of the report. He said the same.
The other co-chairman said the GMOs are a solution looking for a problem; they don’t actually solve a problem. Currently they do not increase yields. According to a USDA report they in fact reduce yields.
They are valuable to farmers who want to spend less labour costs on weeding, but they don’t feed the world. In fact, they concentrate ownership of the food supply. They focus on monocultures because they eliminate a lot of the other crops. A lot of the other crops are grown in the same field.
In India they genetically engineered cotton to produce the BT toxin. Hundreds of thousands of farmers have faced complete ruin and have turned to borrowing money on the secondary market at huge interest rates at 7% a month. When they are unable to pay back their loans, an enormous number have committed suicide. Over 250,000 BT cotton farmers have committed suicide in India in the last decade. This is well documented and of course the other side tries to ignore it completely and misinform. Dr. Jeffrey Smith claims they have the reports, the house to house surveys, the government documents, all showing that BT toxin failure is in fact the cause.
We’ve been analyzing and interviewing the scientists that have been analyzing what it’s about; the GMOs that could be causing these diseases. We’re looking at other data as well. One set of data is the testimonies of individuals and physicians and health care providers. We have pretty plausible information on why the GMOs are causing these problems.
Cancer is easy. The World Health Organization have declared and classified glyphosate as a probable carcinogen. They said it definitely causes cancer in animals, it definitely causes mutations in human DNA which can lead to cancer, and in the areas where it is used heavily, the cancer rates have increased. It’s not a definite human carcinogen because we don’t have sufficient research on human clinical trials.
The person that got aspartame approved over the rejection of the FDA was Donald Roosevelt. He was the CEO of the company and used his influence when he was bringing in president Reagan into office. The FDA asked the justice department to sue GD Serling for falsifying their information about the health dangers and then the lawyer that was prosecuting GD Serling quit his job and joined GD Serl’s law firm. The deputy prosecutor let the statute of limitations run out before he joined GD Serl’s law firm for $400,000/year. Really shady stuff went on.
After Michael Taylor went from Monsanto’s attorney to the FDA to be in charge of policy, he then returned to Monsanto as their vice president and then he’s back at the FDA. You can’t rely on the FDA. They are pro GMO. They don’t require labelling; we are stuck on our own without government support. Fortunately we can navigate the supermarket and avoid GMOs and with a little more effort avoid Roundup.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Sep 20, 2018 The Best Pre-workout and Post-workout Nutrition and Supplements Sep 20, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Top 5 Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and the Best Omega 3 Supplements Sep 6, 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016