Last week I was talking about life changing events. We have all had them. An epiphany or paradigm shift or an awakening of sorts. I have had some that really stand out and I feel the need to share them because I believe they can move others in the same way they moved me possibly. Last week I talked about the top 5 death bed regrets and this week I promised I would show you a tool to help decision making become simple. It was from a weekend summit I spent with Ken Larson as the host.
Ken Larson is a highly impactful coach. He has many unforgettable stories and many tools to provide people with to navigate through life. He taught us some of those tools and one of the tools he taught us made a big impact on my life. He taught us how to write out our core values.
The reason writing out your values is such an important exercise to do is that once you write them out decision making becomes really easy. Bad choices become few and far between. This is important if you are running a business but also very important on a personal level as well.
One of the values I realized I have is family is the most important thing to me and when I make a decision family always has to come first no matter what or I will regret my decision. Doing this exercise will cause you to have a lot less regrets as well.
The first step in creating your values is to write down all words that are important to you and here is a list of words I got off the internet to use as a template. You don’t have to use these words, you can use any words you want that are important to you. Take a few days and write down everything you can think of that is important to you.
Acceptance Accomplishment Accountability Accuracy Achievement Adaptability Alertness Altruism Ambition Amusement Assertiveness Attentive Awareness Balance Boldness Bravery Brilliance Calm Candor Capable Careful Certainty Challenge Charity Cleanliness Clear Clever Comfort Commitment Common sense Communication Community Compassion Competence Concentration Confidence Connection Consciousness Consistency Contentment Contribution Control Conviction Cooperation Courage Courtesy Creation Creativity Credibility Curiosity Decisive Decisiveness Dedication Dependability Determination Development Devotion Dignity Discipline Discovery Drive Effectiveness Efficiency Empathy Empower Endurance Energy Enjoyment Enthusiasm Equality Ethical Excellence Experience Giving Exploration Expressive Fairness Family Famous Fearless Feelings Ferocious Fidelity Focus Foresight Fortitude Freedom Friendship Fun Generosity Genius Goodness Grace Gratitude Greatness Growth Happiness Hard work Harmony Health Honesty Honor Hope Humility Imagination Improvement Independence Individuality Innovation Inquisitive Insightful Inspiring Integrity Intelligence Intensity Intuitive Irreverent Joy Justice Kindness Knowledge Lawful Leadership Learning Liberty Logic Love Loyalty Mastery Maturity Meaning Moderation Motivation Openness Optimism Order Organization Originality Passion Patience Peace Performance Persistence Playfulness Poise Potential Power Present Productivity Professionalism Prosperity Purpose Quality Realistic Reason Recognition Recreation Reflective Respect Responsibility Restraint Results-oriented Reverence Rigor Risk Satisfaction Security Self-reliance Selfless Sensitivity Serenity Service Sharing Significance Silence Simplicity Sincerity Skill Skillfulness Smart Solitude Spirit Spirituality Spontaneous Stability Status Stewardship Strength Structure Success Support Surprise Sustainability Talent Teamwork Temperance Thankful Thorough Thoughtful Timeliness Tolerance Toughness Traditional Tranquility Transparency Trust Trustworthy Truth Understanding Uniqueness Unity Valor Victory Vigor Vision Vitality Wealth Welcoming Winning Wisdom Wonder
You can use any of these words or any other words that are important to you and just write them all down. Take your time with this step.
The next step is to group them. Put all the ones that are similar into groups. You might end up with 4 or 5 groups. After that the next step is to pick out one word out of each group that means the most to you. Those words are your values.
Write out the definition of each of those words. Write out what they mean to you. Use the other words in the group in your definitions. You now have your values written out staring you in the face. Your core values don’t change but these values aren’t written in stone either because you might not get them exactly right the first time. You can change your definitions any time to make them more accurate.
I have many suggestions and resources to help improve health and fitness. I would like to give you an opportunity to spend an hour with me to make a plan for your health and fitness. I want you to overachieve like you never thought possible. This is an offer that will not be available ever again very soon. I am giving you the opportunity to become someone you and others envy.
Click here to meet with me.
Get a Health and Fitness Plan… For Free!
You will get a 60-minute coaching session one on one with me to make a plan for your health and fitness. You can ask me any questions you want during the coaching session. You will get:
- a plan that's specific to your needs.
- an exercise plan.
- nutrition advice.
- the exact diet I get all my clients to start with and the resources to enable you to start right away.
- learn what nutrient deficiencies are the most common and what to do about them.
- learn how to bust through all kinds of health and fitness plateaus naturally.
- all kinds of resources where I get my knowledge.
Click here to meet with me.
Increase your energy, looks, and physical capabilities to improve your confidence, which spills over into every aspect of your life. Become an overachiever by doing what overachievers do. Become someone people envy and live a happier more positive lifestyle.
Click here to meet with me.
I wish you lots of health, love and happiness!
Sign Up For My weekly Newsletter
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016