If you pay attention to the snacks you keep on hand, you can actually use them to get leaner. No, they’re not diet pills that will magically shave pounds off your physique—they’re simply healthy foods that will go a long way toward staving off hunger and preventing you from gorging at mealtime.
#1: Mixed Nuts
All nuts are great to eat, with different ones having different essential nutrients. They have healthy fats and protein and are exceptionally filling. Grab a handful, eat them nice and slow, and you’ll keep your body in fat burning mode and be able to coast to your next meal with ease.
Basically all fruit is great for snacking. Fruits tend to get a bad rap with dieters because they say there’s too much sugar. The sugar in fruit is much slower acting than the sugar in grains and has way more nutrients to keep your metabolism high. This makes it a no brainer which source of carbs you should be reaching for. The cool thing about fruit is most fruit is really easy to prepare and take with you. No cooking necessary. Try to get locally grown organic if you can.
#3: Prepared Meats
You always need a source of protein and when you are away from home it gets hard to find a healthy one. Keeping on top of preparing meat/seafood at home and bringing a lunch kit becomes imperative or you may end up with bad food choices. Also, protein keeps you full for a long time. Doing this one thing will save you a ton of extra calories.
#4: Kale Chips
In 20 minutes or so, you can bake up some delicious chips made from kale that will fill your need for something salty with a nice crunch! As an added perk, they’re low in calories and extra high in nutrients.
#5: Fresh Veggies
Fresh veggies has to be on this list somewhere. The nutrients in fresh veggies are so high and so needed that you can eat as much as you want and it just helps with overall health and higher metabolism for fat loss. The more you eat the better; excluding the high starch vegetables such as the potato family, parsnips and plantains.
#6: Boiled Eggs
It doesn’t get a lot more ordinary than boiled eggs, but snacks don’t always have to be exciting. A few boiled eggs have lots of protein and will keep your body in fat burning mode and a lot closer to your weight-loss goals. And with some frank’s red hot or tabasco sauce, it’ll have a flavor as satisfying as it is filling. On a side note, did you know Jalapenos and cayenne pepper increase your metabolism?
#7: Protein Shake
Another snack that will fill you up with fat burning fuel is a simple, classic protein shake. Start with a scoop, or two, of high quality plant based protein powder, and add water and ice. It’s quick, it’s simple and it’s effective. Keep protein powder in your lunch kit ready to go for a back up.
Remember that fat loss comes as the result of a consistent, challenging exercise routine that’s paired with healthy eating habits. You can’t achieve the body of your dreams simply by eating a certain way – exercise is an absolute must.
Are you exercising regularly? Are you challenging yourself in each workout? Call or email me today if you answered no to either of these questions – and I’ll get you on the fast track to fitness and fat loss.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
Sign up for my free weekly newsletter
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016