We are in a pandemic of skin issues. One study showed acne and skin fungi to be in the top 10 most prevalent diseases worldwide. Skin conditions were the fourth leading cause of non-fatal disease burden worldwide and in many cases they are debilitating. Know anyone with skin problems? I have a few myself.
The number one first line of defense for the immune system is the skin. The skin and mucous membranes are a barrier to the world with normal body flora all over it on the front line protecting us. This flora fights off disease and infection for us; without it we are very vulnerable to all kinds of skin problems.
The microbiome of the skin will depend on your topographical location; your age, race, sex, where you live, environmental factors like what you do for a living, where you work, (coal mine is different from office worker), antibiotic usage, stuff you put on your skin, lotions, potions, and body care products.
The skin immune responses can affect the skin microbiota. Inasmuch, the skin microbiota affects the immune system. If your skin microbiome isn’t thriving your immune system isn’t thriving. Our skin microbiome is educating the T cells in the skin.
Solution #1 Avoid Toxins
The beauty industry is a 265-billion-dollar industry. Up to 60% of the chemicals that go on the skin enter the bloodstream. The stuff we put on our skin is the primary problem of the skin. There is so much toxic overload, the bacteria are outnumbered. Eliminate toxic body products. Check out the Environmental Working Group; EWG.org/skindeep is a great resource to help determine some less harmful products. EWG ranks all kinds of skin products and has information about different products. However, there are some things that need to be avoided as a rule: triclosan – found in hand sanitizer, coal tar – found in anti-dandruff shampoo, coloring, DEA- diethanolamine, formaldehyde – found in nail care products, fragrance, mineral oil, parabens, propylene glycol, and talc.
Solution #2 Essential Oils
Essential oils are a volatile organic compound found in plants; it’s the chemical the plant has to ward off bugs, bacteria, infection and disease. Essential oils are kind of like the plant's immune system and natural healer for the plants. Essential oils are like sharp shooters killing only pathogens and cancer and leaving the good cells and protective bacteria alone.
There are hundreds of essential oils in the form of ketones, terpenes, alcohols, esters and do not contain vitamins or minerals. Essential oils get extracted with distillation meaning they get evaporated with heat and some (citrus), are cold pressed meaning they are mechanically separated without using heat.
How To Use Essential Oils
There are 3 primary ways to use essential oils. The first and most common way, to this day, is aromatherapy. Burning frankincense is a form of aromatherapy that kills airborne pathogens. The second way is topical, but you always need to dilute your essential oils. The third method is controversial, but internal use, safely done, is very effective.
Throw away your hand sanitizer; it kills the bacteria that protects you and it gets in your blood. Make your own hand sanitizer using essential oils. Use 1-3 oz. distilled water in a glass spray bottle with 10-20 drops of essential oils. All essential oils kill pathogens and cancer, but leave the healthy bacteria cells. The following blends can be used as hand sanitizer or to clean your counters.
The immune boosting blend has been shown to kill the flu virus: cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, rosemary, orange, lemon; 2 drops of each essential oil.
To help with ADHD or ADD: cedar wood, frankincense, sandalwood, and vetiver.
To reduce stress; citrus oils: orange, lemon, grapefruit, and lime with vanilla to get the aromatic essence.
Sleepy time blend: Roman chamomile, German chamomile, lavender, vetiver.
Tea tree oil is for fungal infections.
Moisturizer lotion: use a base of coconut oil; for every ounce of base use 8 drops of essential oil.
Frankincense for skin tags.
Deep breathing blend to help the bronchioles to breath better. Put it on your chest: cardamom, eucalyptus, lemon, peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree.
Soap: use Dr. Bronner’s baby mild hand soap, unscented, as a base or make your own soap base. Use one oz. base with 8 drops of essential oil.
To help with eczema, acne, burn, or psoriasis, - wash with coconut oil and water, apply Braggs apple cider vinegar, let that dry, apply 50/50 coconut oil and aloe gel with 8 drops/oz. of lavender essential oil specifically.
Another thing that can help is probiotics for the skin, but you have to mix it up; don’t use the same one all the time.
For more information on essential oils and taking care of your skin you can check out DrEricZ.com. Dr. Eric Zielinski was sick as a child with more than just skin issues and learned to heal himself. He gets most of the credit for the above information.
People want to know what brands are good and what to avoid. Buying essential oils is a lot like buying weed. It isn't regulated so you are relying on reputation. A couple brands that have a great reputation are Dr. Josh Axe and Young Living. Even tho these are great brands you can still end up with a dud. They do their best to assure quality so you keep coming back and recommend them to friends but they aren't perfect.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
Sign Up For My Free Weekly Newsletter
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016