If you’re on a mission to tone up then it’s really important to hone your fat loss rather than simply weight loss. Losing pounds feels good, but if those pounds are precious muscle, then you’re actually hurting your overall ability for fat loss. In order to ensure that the weight you’re losing is FAT and not MUSCLE take the following 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips to heart…
Fat Loss Tip #1: Eat Slow
Eating slow should be your FIRST goal in any weight loss program. It creates food/body awareness and prevents overeating. Eat until you’re satisfied. This tip is often foolishly overlooked. It is way more effective than people give it credit for. It is one of the essential factors of healthy eating and is on the list of eating habits to create happiness and longevity.
Fat Loss Tip #2: Eat Breakfast
Steal a little from the intermittent fasting diet. You’ve fasted for over 8 hours when you wake up and are in fat burning mode. Stay in fat burning mode until lunch by eating only fat in the morning; no carbs/sugar/protein. Fruit and vegetables, grains and cereals, and dairy have carbs. Don't do this the morning after lifting weights. The reason you should normally have the protein is because your body needs protein first thing in the morning and it keeps the hunger hormones low through the rest of the day. Eat within 30 minutes of waking if you are not intermittent fasting. If you do intermittent fasting too often it will likely slow your metabolism.
Fat Loss Tip #3: Fibre
Fibre slows down the uptake of sugar/carbohydrates into the body and moves calories through your gut faster = weight loss! You can exercise your body, your heart, lungs… what about your gut? Fibre improves motility. In other words it improves the function of the smooth muscle of the intestines. Another thing fibre does is feeds the bacteria of the gut. Get the good bacteria going and then feed it lots. Dr. Mark Hyman recommends PGX Fibre.
Fat Loss Tip #4: Don’t Underestimate Exercise
People are lazy. It’s unfortunate because exercise is the number one thing you can do for weight loss. Even light exercise like going for a walk decreases your blood glucose level significantly. Schedule a walk about an hour after a meal. If you have more energy, body building is the number one activity you can do for weight loss. See me for a free plan for your fitness needs.
Fat Loss Tip #5: Meal Prep
The hardest thing is eating healthy meats/seafood on the go. You need to invest in a good lunch kit and meal prep your meat/seafood. Have healthy snacks with you at all times. By meal prepping at home, you’ll sidestep a variety of pitfalls that occur while eating out. If your favorite restaurant is calling your name, see my “How to Cheat a Cheat Day” article.
Fat Loss Tip #6: Reduce Alcohol Intake
It helps you relax and—if you drink red wine—can offer health benefits. If you must drink, it’s the mix that is the biggest hindrance. Don’t drink anything diet! Alcohol burns like jet fuel; tons of energy for a very short time and it either gets burnt off or stored as fat. Vodka water with a squeeze of lemon will likely drop your blood glucose level.
Fat Loss Tip #7: Green Tea
Green tea detoxes are available where the sole plan is just drinking green tea. I don’t recommend following that gimmick but I definitely recommend adding green tea to your diet. Adding green tea to each meal reduces rise in blood glucose about 3 points and increases apoptosis of fat cells. It diverts calories from fat cells to muscle cells.
Fat Loss Tip #8: Hit the Hay
Getting enough sleep is the number one activity to reduce cortisol (stress). Do whatever it takes to get enough sleep! Most good doctors recommend meditation before bed. Learn how and do it. Take this seriously and get on top of it.
Fat Loss Tip #9: Go Green
If you’re not eating a cruciferous vegetable every day, you and your metabolism are running at fraction of what they could be. The 4th best legal ergogenic aid, or performance enhancer, is cruciferous vegetables. Spinach for gaining muscle and broccoli for losing fat.
Fat Loss Tip #10: Weigh Yourself
You might not like the idea of jumping on the scale, but if you don’t weigh yourself before you start, you may not recognize your progress. The first thing you will notice is a change in the scale, then you’ll notice a change in the mirror, then other people will notice. All of these keep you motivated.
Fat Loss Tip #11: Reduce Stress
It often feels like stress is put upon us by factors we can’t control. This is true sometimes but, some things are within our control. Getting enough sleep is the most important thing. Taking Omega 3’s is the easiest thing you can do to reduce cortisol. Find ways to take your mind off of everything. For some people this is relaxation activities and for others it’s doing exciting adventurous things.
Fat Loss Tip #12: Lift Weights
The most effective exercise for losing weight is body building with a powerlifting twist or powerlifting with a body building twist. However you want to word it, you want to do compound exercises like a powerlifter with body building reps and tempo and rest periods. It’s complicated and can be dangerous. Do not do powerlifting without learning how first! See me for a free plan for your fitness needs.
Fat Loss Tip #13: Goodbye Sugary Sweet
Everyday, it seems more research is showing that refined sugars, and flour increase your likelihood of weight gain more than anything else. Super high glycemic forms of sugar are in most packaged foods and are very addictive. You are either on it or off it. With help to get off it, consider doctor Mark Hyman's 10 Day Detox.
Fat Loss Tip #14: The Last 10 Pounds
Want to know what the bodybuilders eat to get that lean? Nothing but meat/seafood, healthy fats, and as much cruciferous vegetables as they want. They eat at regimented times whether they are hungry or not and start within a half hour of waking and end within one hour of bed. It’s called dedication.
Fat Loss Tip #15: Don’t Give Up
You may think it’s too easy of a tip to list, but very few people have the willpower necessary to keep with a program long enough to see the desired results. Commit yourself today to being one of those few. If you’re not yet one of my esteemed clients then now is the time to join in and experience a whole new level of fitness and fat loss.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
sign up for my free weekly newsletter
- Oct 9, 2018 Top 10 Reasons Why Dairy Products Are Bad For You Oct 9, 2018
- Sep 20, 2018 The Best Pre-workout and Post-workout Nutrition and Supplements Sep 20, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Top 5 Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and the Best Omega 3 Supplements Sep 6, 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016