Hi my name is Travis Wade and I'm a personal trainer. I get asked the question “What is the big enemy these days? Is it sugar? Still sugar?” Nope. There’s something far worse than sugar these days, but sugar fits under the category. The answer is white food.
I’m talking about certain fats like shortening that never goes bad or trans fats also known as hydrogenated fats that are to be banned. The government has given food companies lots of time to phase out trans fats so you must watch out for them yourself for now. At least it's agreed that trans fats are something that should never be consumed internally.
Grains are in this category. Most grains are genetically modified these days. GMOs are so toxic bacteria, bugs and animals won’t touch them. If it’s not genetically modified it’s still not good because grains have been hybridized and developed over the years to have lots of calories and little nutrient. The flour is refined so much it’ll last forever and it is higher glycemic index than sugar.. In other words, it’s great for putting on fat.
Of course, sugar is in this category too, but the worst thing about sugar is that it’s almost all genetically modified as well. A few things these types of foods do is they feed cancer, they cause inflammation which in turn increases sickness, they feed the bad bacteria of the gut, they increase insulin resistance causing diabetes and Alzheimer's; they generally make people unhealthy and overweight.
what you should eat
My number one recommendation is to use food to get as much nutrient as possible. Eat as nutrient rich foods as possible. Always take the broccoli and spinach over the french-fries and ketchup. White foods take up room where you could have been putting good nutrients instead of empty calories.
People in North America eat this stuff for breakfast. People have been trained to believe this is what you should eat for breakfast. I like wine, but I don’t drink it for breakfast. If you’re someone that eats any kind of grain including oats or corn for breakfast and you can’t understand why it’s so hard to lose weight, then you need a paradigm shift. It’s time to change your beliefs.
Drop these highly addictive foods. According to Dr. Mark Hyman the food industry has discovered how to reproduce taste buds and they are very excited because now they can test to see what substances react on the taste buds in order to make their foods even more addictive. Are these foods harmful or make people fat? Look around you...
So, what do you eat? What foods are rich in nutrients? Have you heard of cruciferous vegetables? Kale (blanch these vegetables to reduce the oxalic acid [free radicals]), spinach (try to get organic if you can afford it, they are very high on the dirty dozen list), broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus. All the green leafy vegetables are very high in nutrients and fibre, and low in calories. Eat lots of colorful vegetables. They are our best source of carbohydrates because they are rich in the nutrients our bodies need.
So how do you get your calories? Fat. Not cheesecake. Not trans fat like margarine. Not shortening. I mean good fats. This might be another paradigm shift for some people. I know we have been taught to believe that fat is the enemy and causes heart attacks and raises bad cholesterol.
The study by PhD. Ancel Keys called the Seven Countries Study was the basis for this information. In the Seven Country Study, there were countries like France and Switzerland that had a high fat diet and lower heart disease that weren’t taken into consideration. In 1984 Ancel Keys did a follow up study that showed no link between fat and heart disease.
Ancel Keys did another study where he used 9000 people from a mental hospital and put half of them on vegetable oil and the other half on saturated fat in the form of butter. The people with the butter had higher cholesterol and less heart attacks. This study was hidden in his basement for many years because it contradicted his theory. The right saturated fats are good for you because they are stable and used in the function of cell walls.
Eat fat. Good fats like avocados, nuts and nut butters (not peanuts, those are a bean), coconut oil, grass fed butter, fat from grass fed free from hormones and antibiotics meats and seafood, and high quality olive oil. Especially at breakfast time.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Oct 9, 2018 Top 10 Reasons Why Dairy Products Are Bad For You Oct 9, 2018
- Sep 20, 2018 The Best Pre-workout and Post-workout Nutrition and Supplements Sep 20, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Top 5 Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and the Best Omega 3 Supplements Sep 6, 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 24, 2018 Should YOU Avoid Cruciferous vegetables? Apr 24, 2018
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016