Try to eat out for a cheat meal because of the super high addictive properties of cheat meal food. If you have ice-cream in your house, which is the second most addictive food, you’ll be very tempted to eat the whole container. Chocolate was ranked the most addictive food.
When eating these unhealthy types of foods there are proven methods for damage control. You’ll need PGX fibre pills, alpha-lipoic-acid pills, green tea pills, and cinnamon pills.
#2 Before the Meal
PGX fibre slows the rate at which calories enter the bloodstream and speeds up the rate which calories exit the body. This helps eliminate toxins from the body, reduces your appetite by filling you up, and causes less uptake of calories into the body. PGX fibre has many more health benefits and is recommended by Dr. Mark Hyman as a daily supplement, especially for those looking to reduce weight. Take the supplement about an hour before meals.
Fat will blunt jumps in blood glucose level more than protein. For an appetizer don’t go for flour or sugar, go for fat and protein. Avoid deep fried foods because of the trans-fats they are fried in!
Alpha-lipoic-acid has many benefits and is recommended by Dr. Mark Hyman for many reasons as a daily supplement and is recommended by Timothy Ferriss, (author of the “4 Hour Body”) to help with fat loss by diverting calories into muscles as opposed to fat cells. 600 mg about 10 minutes before meals.
#3 During the Meal
Green Tea or Epigallocatachin gallate, (EGCG) is a catachin and flavanol found in green teas. ECGC also diverts calories away from fat cells and to muscle cells. Apoptosis is the natural death of mature cells. ECGC increases apoptosis of fat cells. Also recommended by DR. Mark Hyman for daily health. You’ll have to invest in some pills when eating out. Timothy Ferriss recommends 750mg dosage for best effect.
Cinnamon slows the uptake of sugars and other fast acting carbs, like flour, to the blood and helps level off blood glucose levels. You'll need a supplement of this as well to take to the restaurant with you and take them with the fast acting carbs.
Eating slow is the easiest thing to do to decrease glucose spikes and is foolishly overlooked. It has a profound effect. Always savour your desserts if you choose to have one. Eat the veggies fast and savour your desserts is one of my life's mottos.
Citrus helps reduce insulin. A whole lemon is a lot, but if you can handle the juice from a whole lemon in a tall glass of water, that might be better than doing a shot of lemon juice. Lemonade without the sugar. Also, make a special effort to drink more water on your cheat day.
#4 After the Meal
Exercise after a meal is the number one thing you can do for damage control on a cheat meal! Plan a walk or some activity after you eat. If you have the inspiration, a full body workout; squats, band pulls and push-ups. Bonus tip: if you exercise before a meal, it produces chemicals in the body that store energy in the muscles as opposed to fat cells. This is something Timothy Ferriss would do is exercise before and after meals. I personally believe this is where most of his weight loss came from. It's a type of frequency training. Frequency training is just exercising many times throughout the day to keep the metabolism high.
I hope you liked the article. If you did, share it with friends. These are the types of issues I deal with daily with my clients in order to accomplish their fitness goals. I believe in a coach like approach and I help guide my clients to do the things they deem relevant for them and they are seeing really great results. For me the reward is the happiness it creates and seeing the new found confidence in people. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO PERSONALLY SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR FITNESS GOALS ...FOR FREE?
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- Mar 5, 2018 Getting Fat Adapted Mar 5, 2018
- February 2018
- Jan 29, 2018 John Kellogg Invented Corn Flakes To Decrease Libido... Jan 29, 2018
- Jan 22, 2018 How To Increase Your Productivity By 19-37% Jan 22, 2018
- Jan 15, 2018 New Year's Resolutions Jan 15, 2018
- Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 4, 2017 Life Changing Events Part 2 Dec 4, 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- Jul 28, 2017 Ya, why not? No worry, chicken curry. Jul 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017 The Warm Up May 1, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 A Couple Cool Tricks To Get Abs Apr 5, 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 20, 2016 How to Manipulate Your Hormones for Fitness and Health Dec 20, 2016
- Dec 12, 2016 My Global TV Segment With Kent Morrison Dec 12, 2016
- Nov 21, 2016 Meet Kyle! Nov 21, 2016
- Nov 14, 2016 Want Better Mental Clarity With More Energy and Less Stress? Nov 14, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 What's the Big Food Enemy These Days? Nov 7, 2016
- Oct 31, 2016 How To Do A Ketogenic Diet Oct 31, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Having Trouble Losing Weight or Increasing Muscle? Oct 24, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 60% of those who have this…don’t know it! Oct 17, 2016
- Oct 11, 2016 Do You Know The Facts About Eating Fats? Oct 11, 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- Jul 28, 2016 Why Do People Eat Breakfast Food At Breakfast? Jul 28, 2016
- Jul 4, 2016 It’s Time You Knew the Truth About Why You’re Fat! Jul 4, 2016
- Jun 27, 2016 Why Do Most People Call An Ambulance? Besides Loneliness Jun 27, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 10 Reasons Why Bread Is Bad For You Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 13, 2016 What You Can Add To Your Workout To Improve It Immediately Jun 13, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 What Vegans Know That You Don’t Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 Morning Mojo May 30, 2016
- May 24, 2016 Is Your Vitamin Supplement Doing More Harm Than Good? May 24, 2016
- May 16, 2016 How To Increase Brain Function May 16, 2016
- May 9, 2016 21 Day Stress Relief Challenge May 9, 2016
- May 3, 2016 The Shady Business May 3, 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- Feb 29, 2016 Chronic Mental Stress Feb 29, 2016
- Feb 26, 2016 15 Essential Fat Loss Tips Feb 26, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016 The Hunger Hormones Feb 22, 2016
- Feb 15, 2016 Leaky Gut Syndrome Feb 15, 2016
- Feb 8, 2016 What's With the Bean? Feb 8, 2016
- Feb 1, 2016 Having Trouble With Weight Loss? Maybe It's Your Thyroid Feb 1, 2016
- Jan 31, 2016 My Favorite Weight Loss Diet Jan 31, 2016
- Jan 26, 2016 How To Cheat A Cheat Meal Jan 26, 2016
- Jan 25, 2016 Super Strength Tips Jan 25, 2016
- Jan 18, 2016 3 Terms You Need to Know if You Are Looking to Lose Weight Jan 18, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Why Is Dairy Bad For You? Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 How To Eat Before, During, and After A Workout Jan 8, 2016
- Jan 8, 2016 Top 5 Reasons To Take Omega 3's Jan 8, 2016